I created this template for use in preparing proposals and statements of qualifications. While this final version is extremely complex, the first iteration was more simple to allow training of staff who had never used InDesign before. Over the next year and a half, the template was further developed to incorporate user feedback and to accommodate for more unusual layout requirements. The extensive options for page, paragraph, and object styles, combined with the use of snippets for photos, contact information, tables, and photos with captions, significantly decreased the amount of time required to prepare proposals and SOQs; in most cases by nearly half.
- Cascading master pages and paragraph styles allowed users to make document-wide changes to elements such as margins, fonts, and colors in one location
- Template swatches were pre-populated with RH2’s brand colors to ensure compliance with brand guidelines
- The template and related snippets featured placeholder photos which were unrelated to RH2’s work, serving as a visual cue to update with the correct image
- Elements that were reused regularly, such as addresses and contact information, were saved out as snippets to avoid typos
- Resume and project writeup elements were saved as snippets and linked to Word documents for easy updating and reuse
- A double-sided template was also created which automatically realigned sidebar and content elements depending on the spine location